Sunday, February 05, 2006

Does God Care About a Car?


"Ken," Anne said, " I was on my way to work this morning and realized I hadn't prayed for a car for Christine in a while. I asked God to send the right car for her. Shortly thereafter, Galina called and said she was selling her car and wanted to know if we were interested."

Galina is Anne's friend. Her husband restores vehicles that have been damaged in an accident. He had restored a Nissan Maxima for his new wife, Galina, but they were now selling it because they were using the money to purchase a house. We looked under the hood, kicked the tires, and test drove the car. We knew it was the right one. They gave us a very special price and we agreed to purchase the car right then and there.

Anne must have a hotline to God because I had been praying for a reliable and safe car for Christine for some time. When nothing seemed to happen, I took matters into my own hands and began searching the papers and the Internet. I'm still growing in the patience category but God knew where to start. And He answered Anne's prayer. Interesting enough, the day after we made the decision to purchase the vehicle, one of our long term faithful prayer and financial supporters wrote and said she felt let to give $500 towards a vehicle for Christine. What a tremendous gift! What a tremendous blessing! What a confirmation!

We believe God does car about cars.

No comments: